Pete Helgren wrote:

I have not had much success in installing anything that wasn't specifically WDSc "aware". I'd really like to but every time I have attempted it, something has gotten hosed. So I have 4 (yeah, 4) eclipse-based installations. All using separate installations of Eclipse. Its a bummer but it's the only way to keep things stable.

This might make a useful addition to the wiki... hm. Anyway, I've installed several Eclipse 3.2 plug-ins on my WDSC 7.0.0.4 (now .6) installation. The Aptana web plug-in is the only one that gave me problems, and I'm not entirely sure I didn't cause them by mucking around.

I wanted the Aptana stuff to help me with Java and Javascript. I'm a plain green-screen 5250 programmer who wants to use Java to write Eclipse extensions (yuck) and Javascript to write Monkey scripts to script WDSC activities (yuck again.)

My limited understanding of Java is making it a non-starter as a part-time 'catch as catch can' job of writing an extension in my spare time, and the stuff I want to script is mostly in the RSE. Browsing the various class libraries to try to get something done when you have to decompile the RSE classes isn't my idea of an easy way to write macros. And so due to my own inabilities, I decided to de-install the Aptana plug-ins, and it was at that point that my WDSC would not start.

Using Help->About, I think I can see the following plug-ins happily coexisting with WDSC:

RegexUtil
Rhino Javascript
Eclipse Wiki
Databorough's X-Analysis
Eclipse Monkey
plog4u Wiki browser
Softlanding's RSE extensions
Subversion

One thing I thought of too late was to name the extensions with an asterisk in the Help->Software Update wizard. So instead of 'Eclipse Wiki browser' I've named it '* Eclipse Wiki browser'. It makes finding the 'extra' plug-ins easier when it's time to try to update them.
--buck