Pete Helgren wrote:
I didn't get a response to my Software Access Catalog question so I went ahead and downloaded:

IBM Rational Business Developer V7.1 and IBM Rational Developer for System i V7.1

Based on some other posts here, I think RDB 7.1 + RDi 7.1 = RBD SOA but I am not sure. I think EGL is part of RDB 7.1 which is what I am after since I am preparing for EGL classes next week with Jon Sayles.

However, I would like to replace what I have now with WDSc 7.0 since I don't have adequate space to have all these components on my notebook at the same time. So I plan to uninstall all the WDSc tools I have in Add/Remove programs listed as IBM Software Development Platform (all 11GB of it) and then install RBD and then RDi. Would that be OK? I should still be able to everything I currently do in WDSc with RDi (and RBD), correct?

Thanks.

Pete Helgren

Which should be installed first RDB or RDi of does it matter? I installed RDB then Rdi and am having problems with java programs. e.g., "Unexpected error in organize imports" +others.

I now have 3-version of WDSC/Rational(6.0, 7.0, 7.1) and 2 additional version of Eclipse(3.2, 3.3) installed... Does anyone remember what an IDE is? When will it ever end?:-)

Spencer