One way of getting this jdk is by installing WDSC first, then you can find
the jdk at
c:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\jdk

Thanks.

Chenghui Li
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries,
IBM, Toronto
Phone (905)413-3215, T/L 969-3215
email: chengli@xxxxxxxxxx

"Haas, Matt (CL Tech Sv)" <matt.haas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/03/2008 09:47 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] How do I install IBM's 1.5 JRE so I can install WDSC 7 into an
existing Eclipse install?

I'm making an honest effort to start using WDSC for all of my development
tasks and one thing I saw with version 7 is that it can install into an
existing Eclipse installation. I was looking forward to do that since it
would let me use my existing Eclipse which has a project in it that's a
pain to set up. It would also make things easier for a Java developer we
have here that I've been showing how to create web services since he's
currently using command line tools to generate stubs.

Through lots of messing around last night, I found that I need IBM's JRE
to get all the web development stuff installed but unless you have an
older IBM manufactured PC, you can't install the JRE they have available
for download. I also saw some note about IBM having a non-compete clause
with Sun which is why they have a restriction on it's installation but at
this point, I don't care. I just want my life to be easier (which is why
I'm using an IDE in the first place).

Since using IBM's JRE is a requirement for installing all the web tools
into an existing Eclipse install, how to I get it so I can do the install?

Thanks,

Matt