Rick DuVall wrote:
Hello Joe,

>From your article 'The SoftLanding site has good instructions to walk
you through the process, so I can move on to what the product does.'.
Ok, I give up. Where are the instructions? I have been all over their
site, and I admit I seem to have problems finding things on web sites,
but I could not find any instructions for installing on V7... Help?

They work on V7, as does the Arcad plugin. Quantum DB works too. I
wrote about them all:

Ugh. Horrible misprint on my part. It should say "The Soflanding installation process has good instructions". When I run the installation it brings up a readme. The readme is located in the extensions folder, called readme_extensions.txt. It contains the following instructions:

COMPLETING THE INSTALLATION MANUALLY

--------
WDSC 7.x
--------

To complete the installation on WDSC 7.x or other Eclipse
3.2-based IDEs, you must define the plug-in to that IDE.
You do this by creating an "Eclipse Extension Location."

Start your IDE and go to: Help -> Software Updates -> Manage Configuration

Once there, select the "Add an Extension Location" option.

Select the appropriate location based on where you installed
the RSE Extensions. The default path would be:

C:\Program Files\SoftLanding\RSE Extensions\eclipse

Your IDE may then require a restart for the plug-ins to become available.

--------
WDSC 6.x
--------

To complete the installation on WDSC 6.x or other Eclipse
3.1-based IDEs, copy the file named

"com.softlanding.rse.extensions.link"

from the root of the installation folder to the eclipse\links
folder under your product's installation root.