Joe Pluta skrev den 14-03-2008 16:38:
Boy, the semantics here are really tricky. The bulk of WDSC was not System i development. Because it was built on top of RAD, it included (but was not limited to <grin>): HTML editor, JSP editor, CSS editor, JavaScript editor, web site designer, XML editor, web application test environment, and on and on.

I just yesteday did JavaScript stuff in WSDCi - the HTML + Javascript part seems very nice.

It's a matter of perspective, certainly, but it seems to me just a little bit backward to once again segregate the green screen developer from the rest of the development world. I understand the mathematics of it, but I still liked when even a long-time RPG programmer could, if they so desired, fire up a web services tutorial inside of WDSC just to see what it did.
I tried today to create a web service calling a Hello World COBOL ILE program, and after creating and deploying to a WebSphere 6.1 thing inside my WSDCi it didn't work because apparently the URL in the WSDL file was not bound to a servlet. Pity, because it looks so deceptively simple to do.

I'd appreciate if people who have managed to make the web service wizard create a functional web service would share what worked for them :)