Joe Pluta wrote:

Hi Joe,

Cool! What's the announcement letter number?
Buck, I have an email from IBM that says they will announce a trade-up in April. You can either believe me (or them) or not. To be honest, I don't actually care anymore. I was providing the information as a service and to blunt the growing negativity and FUD on this list.

I tire of it, I truly do. You don't want my information? I'm happy to not give it here anymore.

I tried as mightily as I could to be positive. There's no editorial, no complaining, no bad words, only the hope that I can get started lining things up for the boss. I'm sorry you feel tired... clearly there's a lot of concern over how this is all going to work out here in the community.

I myself am still not worried, because the details aren't out just yet.

I have a peculiar situation (union company) and I would just like to be able to go off to the web, work out my pricing and present my case. I don't want to have to go to the accounting department to research the bills, I can't grab the ear of the BP and the boss leaves all that billing stuff up to accounting and legal, so he's not the man to ask.

I'm asking for plain information. Where do I find pricing for the current costs (SWMA, license fees?) for the current development environment (ADTS, compilers, WDSC) for 8 developers and 3 non-developers on a P10. And where do I find the equivalent information for V6? Asking for an announcement letter number is just one of those things that has...information in it.

I apologise if I came across negatively, I'm not trying to be negative. I'm trying to accept the change that has occurred and deal with the ramifications.
--buck