sounds like some PTFs may have been applied 8^)

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

"Dave Shaw" <daveshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/08/2008 08:08 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx (wdsci-l)
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] RSE performance against very large source files

I believe that I've entered the Twilight Zone.

The defrag made no noticeable difference Wednesday. However, something
has changed between Wednesday and today, because I'm suddenly getting
member filter response times of under 2 seconds! I suspect that 'they'
did something to the iSeries, since I heard indirectly that there were
people having performance problems with some kind of file transfer
application that they were testing on Wednesday. Outline builds seem to
be slightly snappier today, too, although logins to connections on that
machine are still as slow as ever (30 seconds to a minute where our
production partition only takes 5 seconds or so). I have to say that I'm
suspicious about whether this improvement will last, but for now I'm happy
with it.

Dave Shaw
Mohawk Industries