Dave Shaw wrote:

This is one of the issues that's killing acceptance of the product in this shop. It would be very hard to justify NOT having a copy of PDM for everyone with this kind of issue, and if the company has to buy everyone a copy of ADTS, why should they also buy RDi? Yes, I know why, but it hasn't been an easy sell getting people to use WDSCi for the price of a decent PC and some learning time; now I have to justify buying it, too.

I got an awfully long response time as well, doing a simple research on a
source file containing only 950 members.
Option 25 in pdm : less than 2 seconds to find and print 7 members
containing the string
Search in WDSC 7 : 15 minutes. Ok, the search view is much easier to
handle than the spool file,
but if only it could be faster....
Poor response time has always been the reason why I never used Operation
Navigator as much as I could have, and I must admit that even being a
great fan of the latest release of LPEX editor, I'm afraid of having to
wait in front of my WDSC screen instead of working fast as I used to with
PDM.
And what are they talking about ? Director ? That means the same web
application than the one we already use for websphere settings and
cryptography ?
OUCH.....!!! Gonna buy knitting needles....