Brandon,

As I understand it (and it could certainly be that I'm the one that's wrong
here) I believe the intention is that the pricing for a _new_ customer
buying a new box is the same across tiers and is purely user priced, i.e.,
priced per developer.

However, that's not of prime interest to most of us, right? What we care
about is what happens to those of us who upgrade from V5Rx to V6R1? Again,
my understanding is that upgrades are also user priced, not tier priced.
However the tier (P05/P10 etc) will determine how many users/developers you
get included in the compiler package with your upgrade, what IBM calls
"entitlement".

So, if you currently have a system, when you upgrade to V6R1, the tier (P05
etc) will determine how many developers you get included or not included, if
you have more developers than your entitlement. So you may or may not need
to purchase more user/developer licenses of each toolset (green screen
and/or RDi) and/or compiler package (ILE and/or OPM).

What those entitlement numbers are for each tier is something I'm not sure
was announced today and, if not, has probably not been finalized yet.

But that's the way I understand the upgrade pricing is planned to work.

Susan Gantner