Hi Heinz,

I have been seeing some problems myself when loading some unrelated sites
like Google Analyitics. There IE6 just crashes immediately. If I turn
off _all_ addons then it runs. For me it seems to be related to the Flash
plugin - which is at the most current level btw.

So as a start, maybe try turning off all the addons to see if that helps
your situation or not.

I also did some looking about in the MS forum for IE 6

and found a thread titled "new crashing and very very slow" that may be of
interest.

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
System i Application Development Tools - CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 905 413 3199

<Heinz.Sporn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/17/2007 01:38 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Timeout issue on Webfaced applications

Hi there!

Finally someone who reports the exact same issues that are bugging us for
at least a year now!

The situation is as you described - IE is just throwing the WebFacing
session into the bin. The corresponding iSeries session though keeps still
running.

I have invested quite some time into this and although I discovered some
issues with embedded malfunctioning JavaScript code this problem still
exists.

Believe me this is NOT a time settings issue. We've had situations where
colleagues signed on, worked for 2 minutes and got dumped.

Personally I believe this to be a serious IE issue that simply gets
overwhelmed by the sheer complexity of the JavaScript code of a single
webfaced page. If you dig a little deeper you'll find out that we are
talking literally thousands of lines of code here - for more or less every
single WebFacing web page.

In the meantime I was even forced to develop a little Java tools for our
users that allows them to kill their own zombie jobs - sad. Even more sad
was the time I had to spend to find out how to display the corresponding
iSeries job number for a WebFacing session. But that's a different story.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
_________________________________
Heinz Sporn

TE - iSeries Systeme & Kommunikation