Hi Frank

Not sure if this will help get what we all want, but what I see in the pre-compiler output is a bunch of EVALs or MOVEs between fields names SQLnnn and the host variables. This is the linkage, AFAIK. I see these when I am in debug and use the SQL listing or some such debug view.

These MOVEs are all located close to the original embedded SQL statements (except maybe a character variable containing a prepared statement) that now appear as comments. I've never quite tried to do as you have, but I like the idea of saving source other than in QTEMP just for this purpose. Of course, it IS available when you use DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) on the CRTxxx.

HTH
Vern