I selected the "Help Contents" menu item in WDSC for the very first time today and got a white screen that locked the session for 10 minutes until I finally closed the window and abended WDSC (the title bar says "Not Responding") . I figured that the problem was transient so I cleared the log (in the workspace/.metadata/.log file) and then restarted WDSC, selecting "Help Contents" from the help menu and again getting a white screen and a locked up WDSC session. WDSC AE Version 7. IBM Installation Manager shows:

Installed Packages and Fixes
IBM® WebSphere® Development Studio Client Advanced Edition for iSeries® 7.0.0.2 (Internal Version 7.0.0.20070611_0433)
IBM WebSphere Development Studio Client Advanced Edition for iSeries, Version 7.0.0.2 Interim Fix 001 (Internal Version 7.0.0.2_20070629_1003)
IBM® WebSphere® HATS 7.0.0 (Internal Version 7.0.0.200702062321)

Here is the log:

!SESSION 2007-08-27 10:46:44.105 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32 j9vmwi3223ifx-20070323 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20070322_12058_lHdSMR
JIT - 20070109_1805ifx3_r8
GC - WASIFIX_2007
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product com.ibm.etools.iseries.wdsc.ae.welcome.ide
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.ibm.etools.iseries.wdsc.ae.welcome.ide

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2007-08-27 10:46:53.839
!MESSAGE NLS unused message: com.ibm.etools.systems.ui.uda.resourceType in: com.ibm.etools.systems.core.SystemUDAResources

Any idea how to fix this? I don't normally use Help but it would be convenient to have available.

Pete Helgren