I'm properly chastised, Violaine - I'll try to do better!! My trouble is, I just find ways around things because I just have to get things done.

Regards
Vern

At 10:04 AM 6/19/2007, you wrote:

Tsk Tsk Vern, how can I help if you won't report the problems you find ;-)
?

Wilt, I've reproduced the problem and opened APAR SE28864 to track the
problem.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
eSupport Champion
WebSphere Development Studio Client
IBM Toronto Lab

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/18/2007 05:54:10 PM:

> Charles - that has been a problem forever with WDSC - never fixed -
> I for one have not reported it that I remember -
>
> There are other instances where the parser is screwy - most like
> this where parameters are positional instead of named - SEU does all
> this very nicely - the Java-based or whatever parser just has problems.
>
> But my ranting is not much help = sorry folks in Toronto - am too
> busy to look for trouble right now!!
>
> Vern

> From: "Wilt, Charles" <WiltC@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > If you have a CL declare line like so:
> > dcl var(&test) type(*dec) len(6 0)
> >
> > And you prompt it, everything is fine, length: "6" decimal positions:
"0"