To quote from the archives:

<snip>
I just created an external site entry within the update that points to
http://quantum.sourceforge.net/update-site. The update went out and found
3.0.5 and installed it. I didn't have to download the zip file like I did for
6.0. Much easier and cleaner and best of all WDSc will automatically check for
updates now.

Mike
<snip>