Are you trying to install V7, or update to 7001 (or both at the same
time)?

For update, it's better that you download the zip first, then do the
update locally (so you know it's not a network problem). Also, you can
update more than one machine with just one download.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3239&context=SSZND2&dc=D400&uid=swg24015497&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en

Thanks.

Chenghui Li
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries,
IBM, Toronto
Phone (905)413-3215, T/L 969-3215
email: chengli@xxxxxxxxxx

"Bill Barnes" <bbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/12/2007 01:23 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Installing V7

This is the third attempt at installing V7. 40 minutes into the install
I get the following message;

Error installing IBM(r) WebSphere(r) Development Studio Client for
iSeries(r)

Error during "install" phase:

Failed to extract artifact zip com.ibm.rational.global.content
1.0.0.20061110. File C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\IBM\Installation Manager\adapters\native\IBM Software Development
Platform\com.ibm.clearcase.libraries.win32_1.0.0.20061110\referenceCount
.jar already exists.

The first install seemed to go fine until I tried to install the
updates. They finished I couldn't get RSE to load kept getting the
little window of death. I uninstalled (another 15 minutes) and started
the install the second time. About 50 minutes into the install it
decided to go on strike and quit. I waited 1 hour hoping it was just
slow but finally had to cancel. Third time is the charm, yeah right.

I don't know if this is a windows problem, an IBM problem or a
combination of both. I will say that so far V7 is worth every dime we
paid for it.

Thanks

Bill Barnes

Sr Analyst/Programmer