From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Li Ding
Sent: 12 June 2007 14:49
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Error "Retreiving Children"

Hi Mark,

Did you monitor memory storage in debugger ? The problem is caused
by
Memory View in debugger UI. It is a known problem in V7 ( APAR SE28168)
and will be fixed in next fix pack.

Thanks,

Li Ding
System i AD, IBM Toronto Lab

message: 6
date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:50:24 +0100
from: "Austin, Mark" <Mark.Austin@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] Error "Retreiving Children"

Hi,

I have started getting the following error when opening a source member.
Has anyone else encountered this one? If so, did you fix it?

An internal error occurred during: "Retrieving Children".

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2007-06-12 10:29:59.603

!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Retrieving Children".

!STACK 0

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.setMessage(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.<init>(Unknown Source)

at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.newErrorStatus(Unknown
Source)

at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.elements.adapters.MemoryBlockContentAdapte
r.getMemoryToFitTable(Unknown Source)

at
com.ibm.debug.memoryoffset.OffsetMemoryBlockContentAdapter.getMemoryToFi
tTable(Unknown Source)

at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.elements.adapters.MemoryBlockContentAdapte
r.loadContentForExtendedMemoryBlock(Unknown Source)

at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.elements.adapters.MemoryBlockContentAdapte
r.getMemoryFromMemoryBlock(Unknown Source)

at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.elements.adapters.MemoryBlockContentAdapte
r.getChildren(Unknown Source)

at
com.ibm.debug.memoryoffset.OffsetMemoryBlockContentAdapter.getChildren(U
nknown Source)

at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.provisional.AsynchronousContentAda
pter.computeChildren(Unknown Source)

at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.provisional.AsynchronousContentAda
pter$1.run(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source)

I am using V7. It doesn't seem to stop me from doing anything but any
help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark Austin

IT Consultant

Universal Music Publishing International

Email: mark.austin@xxxxxxxxxx

Tel: +44 (0) 20 8742 5520

Fax: +44 (0) 20 8742 5699