Ewout,
From your description it looks like it happened precisely what you
think.
Do a search on that subject ("corrupted workspace" maybe) in this list
and you will find the way to reset it (I hope the info is still there).
There is no need to install it again.
Although I agree with Faizulla, I remember this used to happen on
version 5 only! And have not heard about it on later versions.
Anyway, I hope this helps a little.
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Faizulla Khan
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 8:33 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Error creating workspace

Ewout,

Is this in version 6 or version 7? I usually create a folder
first off the root and let WDSC use it as a workspace. I have
had issues where the folder path became too long and ran into
situations where WDSC would simply ghost out.

Regards
Faizulla Khan
Information Services
Grand Circle Travels
617-346-6058

Ewout N Boter

<ewout.boter@abbo

tt.com>
Sent by: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

wdsci-l-bounces@m
cc
idrange.com

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Error
creating workspace
06/01/2007 05:07

AM

Please respond to

Websphere

Development

Studio Client for

iSeries

<wdsci-l@midrange

.com>

The workspace of a colleague of mine seems to have become
corrupted. We thought the easiest solution would be to just
create a new workspace.
Thus, in the window 'Workspace Launcher - Select a
workspace', he entered a new folder name. When he clicked on
OK, the WDSCi main window was displayed, but it was almost
completely gray. In the right corner at the bottom, the text
'Creating (0 %)...' was displayed. However, there was no
progress whatsoever. The folder for the new workspace was
created, by the way.

It seems we are in a deadlock now. Does anyone recognize this
situation, and (hopefully) a way out of it (other than
'uninstall and install all over again')?

Ewout
--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries