I strongly suggest that no one use this plugin. It tied up my machine for the
last hour and a half so that I could do nothing. Here is what I have seen.

I got the plugin installed - started it - got an autoconnect macro recorded.

Here are my conclusions after wasting my time today.

Your RSE connection HAS to be named as the IP address - you canNOT use
meaningful names for your connection. This is just plain stupid, IMO - I guess
we get what we pay for here. The telnet connection should use the HOST name,
not the connection name - sheesh!!

This plugin is intended to execute the object you right-click from in RSE. That
is the meaning of the "Test' option on the context menu. It is NOT intended to
provide a terminal session in RSE for its own sake.

I recorded the auto-connect macro through option 5 of menu MAIN and option 2 of
menu PROGRAM, then to option 3 of the STRPDM that is brought up - also had
extra enters for the message about MSGQ already allocated. This was a
disastrous mistake. There is, however, no or minimal documentation anywhere to
tell you what to do. Or more importantly, what NOT to do.

I have no idea what happens if your initial menu or program does not have a
command line.

I right-clicked on a program object - it got to the WRKMBRPDM screen, then
proceeded to enter it's command to EXCOBJ on the one I'd selected - all this in
the first lines of the PDM screen, which is NOT a command line. I hope my
member types are OK. Then I got what looks like a locked keyboard - system
lock. Tried a left Ctrl - did not know if that is mapped to Reset - at which
point my PC was completely locked up - an hour and a half later I hit the reset
button to reboot.

This is worse than any virus I know of - BEWARE!!!

As to the cursor, the emulation does not resize to the "edit" window - the
cursor looks like it is in the upper LH corner but is actually at a field. If
you maximize the window, it behaves correctly. Not good - should adjust to the
context.

And the install is NOT done with the Update Manager - it is only a plugin, not
a feature - so it canNOT be disabled in the "Manage Configuration..." options
as recommended - I tried - it is not there, cuz that only lists features, not
stray plugins.

I have deleted the directories under plugins where I unzipped it - I checked
the ZIP file for where things went. I have also deleted the library restored
for its EXCOBJ command, etc.

I sincerely hope this helps someone - ARCAD has not done us a service with this
yet. If I need a terminal for testing interactive stuff, I'll use good old
PC5250, thank you very much!!!

Can you tell I am a little disgusted?

:))

Vern
From: Cole Gantz <colegantz@xxxxxxxxx>

I changed the name of the connection to the ip address and now it seems to
work!

Thanks alot,

Cole

By will alone I set my mind in motion. By the brew of Cafe, thoughts acquire
speed; the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning...