<snip>
I've created my event file with OPTION(*EVENTF) on the CRTRPGMOD
command. It
isn't available on the CRTPGM command
</snip>

If you want to see the errors on a CRTPGM, compile the programs
interactively instead of in batch. When you compile, you will see the
Iseries Command Log below. In there, you can see the errors that
occurred on the CRTPGM.

You want to turn the compile in batch off at the highest level, the
definition of the connection and then subsystems.

This is what the compile commands look like for my compile tool.

COMPILE OBJ(&L/&N) SRCFILE(&L/&F) SRCMBR(&N) ENV(*GUI) BATCH(*NO) /*
*EVENTF SRCMBR(&N) */

This is compile instructions.

      *_> DLTPGM PGM(@5/@4)
      *_> CHKOBJECT OBJNAME(@5/XV0020_M01)  OBJTYPE(*FILE) +
      *_>   SRCFILE(@2/@1) SRCMBR(XV0020_M01)
      *_> CHKOBJECT OBJNAME(@5/XV0002_M02)  OBJTYPE(*MODULE) +
      *_>   SRCFILE(@2/@1) SRCMBR(XV0020_M02)
      *_> CRTPGM PGM(@5/@4) MODULE(XV0020_M01 XV0020_M02) +
      *_>   TEXT('Convert Spool File to Data.') +
      *_>   ACTGRP(QILE)

As you can see in this copy from the log, it didn't find the modules
because the library list was not set.

EXCSRCCMD executed interactively!.
Cause . . . . . :   This message is used by application programs as a
general escape message.
No modules found for the specified value of XV0020_M01 in library *LIBL.
Cause . . . . . :   No modules matched the specified value on the
command. Recovery  . . . :   Correct the value and try the request
again.
No modules found for the specified value of XV0020_M02 in library *LIBL.