Thanks Violaine!

2) The iSeries parsers are not documented as
> they weren't intended for users to
> extend them (and as previously mentioned -
> they are not open source)

This message took way too long to sink in. I should have been paying closer attention. I'm sorry to be a burden.

I was trying to add a button to the toolbar that would link to the IBM 'action' that gets fired when I use the menu 'Source', 'Resequence all lines.' I thought that would be somewhat simple and easy to do a demo of, since I would be writing almost no Java code of my own.

I'll look at doing something else for my first useful plug-in. Hello World was nice to get started with, but it doesn't interact with RSE or LPEX. And the only interaction with Eclipse is a MessageDialog box. It's a start, but I'm an RPG guy (meaning that I don't follow how the Java bits interoperate) and there are a lot of little bits that need to come together all at once or things don't work. I have lots of Javadoc windows open all at the same time :-)

For the archives, or anybody who is still awake, if you're interested in tinkering with IAction or IWorkbenchWindow, the Eclipse 3.0 documentation is NOT online at Eclipse.org. You can reach it from the WDSC Help menu, Navigating and customising, Extending the workbench, Extending the platform, Reference, API Reference, org,eclipse.ui. If you want to open multiple windows, right click in the help, Properties, triple click the URL and paste it into Firefox like so http://127.0.0.1:58823/help/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/ui/IWorkbenchWindow.html

I'll try some simple stuff in my plug-in before I try to implement a macro like I used to do.