Hi Buck,

When you use LPEX via RSE, you are not really using LPEX (also refered to
as base LPEX), but Remote Systems LPEX Editor.
This is an editor which extends LPEX in numerous ways.
One way in particular is that when Remote Systems LPEX Editor detects
sequence numbers (as it would when editing a member) it switches the
profile of LPEX to the SEU profile (nothing to do with source type)
Another thing it does (in V7.0 that is) is put up a compile menu and
compile related buttons (compile, next/previous error).  Previously that
had been controlled by the parsers, but it made more sense for it to be at
the editor level.

You can refer to eclipse documentation as to how a plugin is enabled and I
would refer you to the documentation for LPEX, RSE (and RS LPEX) for
information of the classes within and how you can extend them.
As for source code, iSeries code is not open source, so you won't be able
to see the source for the ILE RPG parser.

hope that helps!

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab