Hi David,

First a bit of background...

When you create connections, filters, filter pools, user defined actions
and customized compile commands they are stored in a project inside of the
WDSC workspace called RemoteSystemsConnections.  All of these things are
also grouped by "profiles" (which are not the same thing as i5/OS user
profiles).  Ultimately this information is stored in directories and xml
files on the local hard disk.  This information is also shown in the Team
view of the RSE.  The team view shows up in the same area as the main
Remote Systems view (click on the Team tab to switch to the Team view).

You can create multiple profiles and create connections, filters, etc..
under each one.  You can then make profiles active / inactive via the
pop-up menus in the team view.  When a profile is active the associated
connections, filters, etc... show up in the Remote Systems view.  When a
profile is inactive then they don't show up (this is a handy way of
keeping the Remote Systems view uncluttered if you start using multiple
connections.)

A profile is the only level that connections, user defined actions,
filters, etc... should be copied between workspaces.  If you want to copy
a profile from one workspace to the other, then you just the folder under
the RemoteSystemsConnections project that represents the profile.  For
example, say I want to copy profile "YANTZI" from workspaceA to
workspaceB:

WARNING:  first make sure that workspaceB doesn't already contain a
profile named "YANTZI" if it does, then rename it from the Team view.

1.  Using Windows Explorer, copy the folder
workspaceA\RemoteSystemsConnections\YANTZI to
workspaceB\RemoteSystemsConnections\YANTZI  (just use the right click copy
/ paste actions, the folder name is case-sensitive!)

2.  In the Team view in worksapceB, right click on the
RemoteSystemsConnections project and select "Refresh All', then right
click and select "Reload Remote System Explorer".

The profile should now show up.  You may need to right click on it and
make it active for the connections to show up.

This is what profiles were designed for.  So one person could setup
connections, filters, filter pools, user defined actions, and custom
compile commands for a team and then share that with everyone else.

Don Yantzi
Technical Lead
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab

"David Foxwell" <david.foxwell@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/11/2006 11:49 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] workspace rescue

Same old problems with same old V5.1

Can anyone tell me if I can copy a connection, a filter pool or anything
else for that matter from one workspace to another ?

Thanks.