To All,

            We recently upgrade our iSeries to 5.4 from 5.2 and I am now
having server job member lock issues.  I have been able to recreate the
issue of the sever jobs (QZRCSRVS) retaining member locks after the
editor has closed the member.  It happens in other situations but the
one described below is easy for me to recreate.

            All I have to do is open more than one member for edit from
the iSeries.  Then I close them using C-S-F4 (Close all).  I then
attempt any function that needs the member exclusively, like opening any
of the locked members in SEU for edit.  I will receive a message about
the member in use. I can get this error if I highlight any of the
members locked previously and drag them to the edit view area.

            I can release the locks by double-clicking on each member
that is locked or by highlighting all members, right-clicking on Open
with ... |  Remote Systems Lpex Editor.

            The locks are particularly annoying when I am attempting to
promote changes into then next CMS environment.  I cannot immediately
tell I have a lock on a member before I perform the promotion step.  The
lock issue does not only happen when I use Close All feature.  It does
happen other times but I have not been able to notice a pattern, yet.

Thanks, Matt