Since I'm here, I thought I ought to bring up one other issue I've been
working around for some time now.

I am using WDSC on a Windows 2003 Server x64 edition machine in 1680 X 1050
resolution.  I see a number of strange UI artifacts.  For example, the
"Search String" text input field in the iSeries search box is transparent.
What I see in that rectangle is whatever the underlying window is showing at
that position.  I can type into it, but I don't see what I'm typing.

Other issues have to do with the windows not sizing correctly.  This one is
a little fuzzier, but the general idea is that sometimes the controls in
windows appear sized as if the window canvas were smaller.  This often
happens in LPEX editors.  Double-clicking on the tab to expand the view to
the full size of the workbench and then restore it to normal size often
fixes this.

Another way to get the sizing artifact to occur: I usually dock my Fast View
toolbar on the right side.  If I put the Properties view in that fast view
toolbar, it shows up narrow and tall when I click on it.  That's cramped
when I am working on, say, a command button in a JSF, and often creates a
horizontal scroll bar.  This is all expected behavior, but it's not
particularly easy to work with.

I usually have a panel open on the bottom of the screen (for things like the
Console view), and in order to get room I drag the Properties view down
there (which removes it from the toolbar and places it in the panel).  It
will appear in the panel but the controls will still be smooshed (technical
term) together as if it were a narrow view or worse yet, the controls will
appear but the canvas will only show that part of the panel which was
visible in the fast view.  That is, if only 50% of the window fit and the
horizontal slider was all the way to the left, only 50% of the view will be
shown in the larger window, with a bunch of white space to the right.

What happens as you drag a window from one place to another is somewhat
inconsistent; you just have to do it a bunch to see what happens.  I rarely
have this problem on smaller resolutions, but maybe I never noticed it.

The double-click maximize/restore trick usually doesn't work in this case.
In the Properties view, you typically have to click on another object to
make the Properties completely repaint itself.

Joe