*** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE ***

Wilt, Charles wrote:
It would seem that a question about a WDSCi plug-in is appropriate
here. Sure he could ask Aldon, but maybe he's hoping for a faster
answer or maybe he's not current on maintenance.

Because this isn't a vendor support forum ... if a person is using a
vendor supported plug-in, then they should go to that vendor's support
group.

If he's not current on maintenance ... and needs support for that
vendors product, he should get on maintenance.

Granted, I understand that you don't want the WDSCi list to become
the Aldon/MKS/Turnover support list.  However, this list is a good
place for interacting with other users of those products.

That's exactly the point ... I don't want all the Aldon / Softlanding /
MKS customers using this list to try and get support.  It's just not the
right place.

Speaking as a developer for a vendor ... I would rather have customers
contact support and get OFFICIAL responses to problem instead of hearsay.

And the given the volume of questions, it wouldn't seem that
Aldon/MKS/Turnover merit their own list; is that even an option?

Well, there's two factors to that ...

1) The volume of questions for a vendor's plug-in is not even CLOSE to
warranting it's own list (for any vendor)

2) I have to treat SCM vendors a bit differently ... there is a
conflict of interest issue.  I don't give any SCM vendor preference ...
not even MKS.

Are you censoring strictly because the product competes with MKS?

I would absolutely positively NEVER do that.  See my message to Dave
Turnidge.

All this said ... after careful consideration ... I think it would be OK
to have limited customer initiated vendor product discussion in this
list.  I would still highly recommend that anyone contact the vendor
first for support and I would request that any vendor representatives,
that monitor the list, jump on discussions so they can provide proper
support as soon as possible.

david