Bill,

I don't think it is the tool.  I started using WDSC about three years
ago with release 4.something. That one had some issues.  The IBM team
has made remarkable progress in stabilizing and improving WDSC.  IMHO it
is leaps and bounds ahead of SEU.  This is from a person who used to
wonder why anyone would want one of those GUI editors when SEU did
everything I needed.  Today, I spend my entire time editing in WDSC and
you would have to drag me back to SEU kicking and screaming.

Specifically to the SQLRPGLE issue, I do a LOT of SQLRPGLE coding along
with many others on this list.  Speaking strictly for myself I do not
experience the behavior you are describing.  PC's, being the unique
entities that they are, it's possible something in your system is
causing issues with WDSC.  It has happened to others on the list.  For
my $.02 it sounds like you have double clicked on an error message and
opened a new member with embedded error messages.  Prior to V5R4
embedded SQL is a pain with /Free wither in SEU or WDSC.  I don't use
the fixed to free conversion for other reasons but that doesn't mean the
tool is to blame.

As was previously mentioned, if you need help, ask, those on the list
are more than willing to help.  When you bash the product though it
reduces the likelihood others will be willing to help out.

Just my $.02.

Rick