From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Manuel CERDA
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 9:52 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] XML tools with WDSC 6 Generate iseries data

Debie and All,
I am getting closer to make it work using the wdsc6 wizards. (I think
!).
Db2 extender is an option from the db2 product, and you have to buy it
if you want to use it on the iseries. But if you are using a db2
database on your pc (like db2 v8 or v9) it is included in the pc
product, in that case it will run from the pc).
In my case the application will be run from the iseries but I can
generate or convert automatically all kind of xml files to be used by
the xml extenders using wdsc6 and the xml tools. There is one wizard
which I am trying to use which from simple windows generates all the
xml, xsd, sql, dtd, dad files need to be used by the db2 xml extenders.
All the documentation I found so far seem to start from the iseries file
and create an xml file but I want to start from an xml file then
generate an iseries pf.
On the iseries we need to install the two db2 xml extender savf to
create the samples files. Which I found confusing as in fact they are
more than samples and are mandatory. Also it seems that it needs a user
iseries library named as the iseries user profile you use ! which I
found stange.
Wdsc has something to do with db2 xml extenders ! as it makes it much
easier for developers to create the link between xml files and db2
iseries files (When it'll work) but wdsc does not run Db2 xml extenders.
Regards,
Manuel