From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Xuan Chen
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 9:44 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Debugger not stepping through code correctly

Charles,

Could you please switch to *LISTING view to see if the debugger steps
through the code correctly?  You could do that by right click
on the source
editor area, and choose Switch View --> Show *LISTING.

If your *LISTING view works fine, please check if the source
displayed is
the right source where the program compiled from.  To check
this, please
follow the steps below:

. Switch back to your source view.
.  Bring up the Properties view by Window -> Show View -> Other ->
Properties.
. Switch to the Program view of the debug perspective, and expand your
program until you could see the source of your module.
. Click on the source so that you could see its full path in
the Properties
view.
. Flyover your mouse on the tab of the editor which displays
your source
view to see its full path.  Make sure it matches to the path
of the source
shown on the Properties view.

Please let me know the result of your checking.  Thanks.

Regards,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Wilt, Charles"

             <CWilt@xxxxxxxxxx

             om>
             Sent by:                  "Websphere Development
Studio
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         Client for iSeries"

             idrange.com               <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

          cc

             10/13/2006 08:23
     Subject
             AM                        [WDSCI-L] Debugger not
stepping
                                       through code correctly

             Please respond to

                 Websphere

                Development

             Studio Client for

                  iSeries

             <wdsci-l@midrange

                   .com>

I was working from home last night trying to debug some code and was
having difficulty with the debugger.

The debugger didn't seem to be stepping through the code properly.  By
that I mean that the highlighted line didn't seem to be the line
actually be executed.

I recompiled my modules and updated my service programs, but
that didn't
seem to have an effect.

Note that my modules were compiled with DBGVIEW(*ALL).

I didn't think to check, but I'm pretty sure that the
optimization level
was set to *NONE.

Using the verify connection turned up one missing PTF, which
was related
to debugging, but whose APAR didn't seem to mention the problem I'm
having.  Never less, I've asked that the PTF be applied.

My WDSC client is fully patch with iFix2 (6.1.0.2<?>)

The iSeries I was working with is running v5r3.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this problem?
Any steps to
take that might fix the problem? Clearing cached files for instance?

I really don't want to be stuck with STRDBG while working
this weekend.

Thank you,

Charles Wilt

This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries