There are several things you will need to look for.
Select statement will be different.
Comp fields will be treated differently based on the compiler directive.
STOP RUN. Can cause issues with the CL job stream, I change those to GOBACK.

Some printing issues will occur depending on printer control characters in
COBOL.
Data issues between systems are one of the biggest issues I face when
migrating from VSE to iSeries.

There are a lot of little issues that I could go on about, but this is what
I do for a living day in and day out. I would be more than happy to discuss
off-list.

I currently have two projects going right now taking VSE to iSeries. My
company has been doing these types of conversions for some time now.

Thanks,

Jerry M Thomas
Cothern Computer Systems, Inc.
1640 Lelia Drive