Uh oh!  My very first curse word on step 5 of the previous email.  Please
don't distribute that.  If I had only used spell check.  Here are the new
steps formatted correctly and a little update in grammar somewhere else.
Forget that was ever sent.  :)
Let's say in a free-form RPG section you have an "if/endif" control block
and you later want to encase that in another "if/endif" control block.  You
would want to indent everything between the control block for better
readability.

The following are steps for quickly indenting a control block in free form
RPG using the LPEX editor:
1. Place your cursor at the beginning or end of a control block (ex:
if/endif/for/endfor, etc).
2. Press Alt+L (Select Line).
3. Press Ctrl+Shit+M (findMatch) to position at the matching control block
line.
4. Press Alt+L (Select Line).
5. Press Alt+F8 to shift the selection right or Alt+F7 to shift the
selection left.
6. Press Alt+U to unblock the selection.

Some other things you can do:
After step 6 press Ctrl+Shift+M to position back to the matching control
block line.
Before step 1, you could have also pressed Ctrl+Q to set a quick mark and
then after step 6 press Alt+Q to go back to the quick mark.  That way, you
don't have to search where you were at before you started fixing the
indentation.
Note that Ctrl+M (match) is for selecting where Ctrl+Shift+M is for finding
a match.  Since we can't shift a selection, we use Alt+L and Ctrl+Shift+M
for the above steps.

I hope these steps help someone.  I didn't see these on the WDSC list and I
just didn't think about putting them together until now.  One of the
biggest gripes I had in using free-form statements in RPG was being able to
easily keep statements indented and thus readable.  Another biggie was just
having to drop in and out for unsupported statements but that is getting
better over time.  I didn't bother with the shortcuts until I started
developing a function with a qualified data structure for an API with
variables over 14 characters (ex: XXXX0100.Variable where "XXXX0100" can be
certain API data structures).  I was scared to make the data structure
qualified for fear of forcing people to use free-form RPG to deal with the
variables.  Now, thanks to the above steps, I am thinking, free-form isn't
so bad with the LPEX editor.

Craig Strong