I'm sure it does, but I can't describe the exact mechanism without looking
at the Eclipse code. Its all there since its open source, but it would take
some time to dig out.
_______________________
David Dykstal
david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx

             AGlauser@erbgroup
             .com
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         Websphere Development Studio Client
             idrange.com               for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/25/2006 11:38                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [WDSCI-L] Hex codes in position
                                       5 are being mangled

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

I didn't see anything either.  I wonder if Eclipse just inherits the
behaviour from the OS some how?  I don't know how to determine what
encoding Windows XP is using as default.

Adam

David Dykstal <david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
25/05/2006 12:20 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Hex codes in position 5 are being mangled

Good question. The encoding for a file or a container is something that is
set at the underlying Eclipse platform level. I didn't see an option to
set
the default for the workspace on a quick tour through the preferences.
Anyone else see one? If not, we'll add this to the list of enhancement for
iSeries Projects.
_______________________
David Dykstal
david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx

             AGlauser@erbgroup
             .com

             wdsci-l-bounces@m         Websphere Development Studio Client

             idrange.com               for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/25/2006 10:57                                      Subject

             AM                        Re: [WDSCI-L] Hex codes in position

                                       5 are being mangled

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

Worked like a charm.  Three cheers for Unicode!

To save searching through the prefs, is there a way to set the default
encoding for projects?  If you don't know offhand I can go pref-diving.

Thanks,
Adam

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 24/05/2006 04:47:47 PM:

> Try changing the project's text encoding to UTF-8. You'll find this
under
> the project's properties -> info. It will probably say something like
> "inherited from container (Cp1252)".
> My guess is that you'll have to re-download the members that use the hex
> codes, but uploading them should then work if they are stored locally
using
> UTF-8.
>
> Round-tripping of the hex codes doesn't work if the local code page is
> Cp1252 (in fact, it looks like they are changed on download). The hex
color
> codes are problematic in general - since they are control characters
(5250
> attributes) they fall outside of the range of most code page
conversions.
> _______________________
> David Dykstal
> david_dykstal@xxxxxxxxxx
>

>              "Holden Tommy"
>              <Tommy.Holden@hca
>              healthcare.com> To
>              Sent by:                  "Websphere Development Studio
>              wdsci-l-bounces@m         Client for iSeries"
>              idrange.com               <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
>              05/24/2006 10:57 Subject
>              AM                        Re: [WDSCI-L] Hex codes in
position
>                                        5 are being mangled
>
>              Please respond to
>                  Websphere
>                 Development
>              Studio Client for
>                   iSeries
>              <wdsci-l@midrange
>                    .com>
>

> It's happened to me even in free format comments but appears most often
> in RPGLE (probably coz that's my primary language)
>

> Thanks,
> Tommy Holden

fields, ignore the contents and delete all the material. Thank you. Have a