Hi Greg,

If you are in V5R3 of OS400, you could apply the PTF SI23385. After
applying the PTF, the program needs to be recompiled.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             Xuan
             Chen/Toronto/IBM@
             IBMCA                                                      To
             Sent by:                  Websphere Development Studio Client
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             idrange.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/17/2006 09:58          Re: [WDSCI-L] Communications
             AM                        Failure when Debugging

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

Hi Greg,

It looks like a problem we are currently working on.  It seems the SQL
pre-compiler did not generate the right debug view.  There is a PTF
available for V5R3 (I need to check with SQL team for the number), but they
are still working on the V5R2 one.  I will find out the PTF # and post it
here.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Fleming, Greg
             \(ED\)"
             <GFLEMING@evergla                                          To
             desdirect.com>            "Websphere Development Studio
             Sent by:                  Client for iSeries"
             wdsci-l-bounces+x         <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             uanchen=ca.ibm.co                                          cc
             m@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [WDSCI-L] Communications
             05/17/2006 09:20          Failure when Debugging
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

OK, I've narrowed it down a bit.

It started happenning after I added a procedure that has an extra bit of
SQL  in it (The already-existing SQL is embedded in a subroutine called
from the mainline).  So I commented out that procedure and it's
prototype, recompiled, and now I can debug again.

When the procedure is in there, the program compiles and the procedure
works, so I can't imagine there could be anything fundamentally wrong
with including SQL statements inside of procedures, but is there
something the debugger doesn't like about it ?

(Oh, and I also wanted to mention the secondary issue after the error
occurs: I can't remove the service entry point without completely
locking up RSE.  I did find a work around to this, which is to end the
remote server debug job, which also terminates my SEP).