I tried scanning for "snippet" in the Rational directory, in hopes of
being able to find what additionally needed to be included for snippets.
I stopped the scan after getting 135 hits.  I was hoping for 1 or 2.
So, I'm guessing this is rather widespread and may need to have lots of
things included, which would pretty much make the lite more of a
middleweight.

Doug
------------------------------

date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:40:06 +0100
from: Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Snippets in WDSCi Lite?
        (Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxx)

Doug,

So far, I haven't even got a "Cannot be done" from the IBM'ers on this
list (Violaine, are you there?)

I did manage to get the snippets view by editing the keyfiles.properties

file (make everything "include" instead of "block"), but this made Lite
as
heavy as the full version, so that's not really a solution.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me which exact feature I need to
"include" to enable snippets and not much more.

Best regards,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
PLI - IT - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----

"Edwards, Douglas" <Douglas.Edwards@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
20/03/2006 18:47
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Snippets in WDSCi Lite? (Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxx)

Was there ever an answer for this?  I just enabled WDSC Lite today, and
wanted to get to snippets.  I can't find them either.  I assume snippets
are one of the many things that were cut to make the Lite version.

Doug

------------------------------

message: 5
date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:17:39 -0000
from: "Beeson, Terry" <Terry.Beeson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] CCSID problem when exporting from WDSC

Hi All

I'm having trouble exporting JAVA source code from WDSC to the IFS.

I'm writing some Java code using WDSC.  I select the Project,
right-click it and select Export to Remote File System.  I then select
the appropriate IFS folder.  For some reason, WDSC insists on writing
the Java files with a CCSID of 13488.

Changing the properties in WDSC doesn't seem to have any impact.

Has anyone come across this before, or knows what I'm doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Terry

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake
and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. Although the company has taken reasonable precautions
to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail, the company cannot
accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of
this e-mail or attachments. Any views or opinions presented in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company.

------------------------------

message: 6
date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:07:46 -0500
from: Violaine Batthish <batthish@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] PDM options in WDSCi

Hi Peter,

This is by design.  Most of the PDM options are available by right
clicking
in RSE and not via a specific PDM menu.
However, its not a bad idea, and some of the options are not there, so
I've
added it to our list of requirements.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab

You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing
more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away. - Antoine de
Saint-Exup?ry

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/09/2006 03:14:26 AM:

> Group,
>
> I noticed that, when you right-click on a member in the remote search
> view, there are 'PDM options'.
>
> However, I cannot find these options when I right-click a member in
RSE.

> Is this by design, or do I need to turn on some setting in
preferences?

> Thanks,
>
> Peter Colpaert
> Application Developer
> PLI - IT - Kontich, Belgium
> -----
> Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
> -----

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:16:36 -0600
from: "Mike Troxclaire" <mike_troxclaire@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Seeing output in RSE.

Thanks a lot for the response. I tried the snippet of code and it worked

just like I wanted to. Rob also recommended the usage of debugger and I
am
trying to figure out how to go about using it in RSE. Thanks for all
your
help.

Mike.