"RSE is not an emulator, so it won't run interactive apps, unless you run the
STRRSESVR on the iSeries first"

Yeah, you are absolutely right. I started the RSE server on iSeries and ran the program using RSE in an interactive mode and saw what I wanted to see. I agree with you that it would be great if there was some kind of inbuilt provision in RSE itself. It would be awesome....Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Mike.

From: vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Seeing output in RSE.
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:07:05 +0000
Received: from mail.midrange.com ([69.3.23.28]) by bay0-mc8-f7.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:08:11 -0800 Received: from rivendell.midrange.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])by mail.midrange.com (8.13.4/8.13.4) with ESMTP id k2HH7F4h007934;Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:07:15 -0600 Received: from rwcrmhc12.comcast.net (rwcrmhc12.comcast.net [216.148.227.152])by mail.midrange.com (8.13.4/8.13.4) with ESMTP id k2HH77Od007910for <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:07:12 -0600 Received: from rmailcenter08.comcast.net ([204.127.197.118])by comcast.net (rwcrmhc12) with SMTPid <20060317170706m1200jc4r5e>; Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:07:06 +0000 Received: from [70.89.200.105] by rmailcenter08.comcast.net;Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:07:05 +0000

RSE is not an emulator, so it won't run interactive apps, unless you run the STRRSESVR on the iSeries first, I believe. Then when you run or debug an interactive app or program, that green-screen session is used to display the progress.

My, wouldn't it be nice if RSE DID do emulation - like in a webfacing thingy or some dynamic screen management or whatever? Get away from this funky STRRSESVR/STRCODE stuff.
From: "Michael Ryan" <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx>