From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: 22 February 2006 13:51
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] MS SQL Server JDBC connections

Glad to see I'm not crazy - oh, well, might be, but was right on this one, anyway. Seems CRTJVAPGM does not affect JVM startup - makes sense - it is really about shortcutting the JIT kind of thing (I'm probably saying that wrong in some way, but do you get the idea?). The JVM startup is not based on any of the created Java program objects, what it is doing is the security and other authentication, the more classes, the longer. At least, according to my colleague across the aisle.

We found one way to get around this is to use an NEP to do the Java stuff. Definitely do NOT start new jobs for every Java evocation, and the same goes for client/server kinds of things that often fire off a new thread of job.

HTH
Vern