I think we use different terms for the same thing - what you call CA400, I call a terminal emulator. Hence my confusion and question.

Having said that, there is no non-green screen tool for working with Query/400 queries that I know of. iWebAccess has terminal emulation, so it could be done there, but this is not all that different.

I looked at iWebAccess once a couple years ago - there was no query tab at that time. There is a Databae tab that has SQL stuff - I found it to be pretty awkward, but that's just me. I can't imagine IBM putting Query/400 queries into this web interface. Besides, these days, the "query" no longer means Query/400 and QRYDFN objects - it usually means SQL, esp. in the context of a web interface like this. At least, that is my experience.

iWebAccess needs an application server, such as WAS or Tomcat, to be running on the iSeries. The impact really depends on your machine - I think Tomcat takes a lesser hit and is free. There was a Redbook for setting up iWebAccess that showed how to use either app server.

Personally, I don't like iWebAccess much - it seems if someone has the need for terminal emulation, and the ability to connect through this, you might as well set up VPN and give them "real" use of the green screen. There ARE a couple cool things with printing and converting to PDF. There is also stuff to display SQL results in nice formats - even fake green-bar!

HTH
Vern