Dan wrote:
> Anyway, along this train of thought, I'm wondering if it's possible to put a
> working copy of the components required to run RSE* from a thumb drive
> plugged into an XP box that knows nothing of WDSC.

Considering the size of WDSC at the present time, I really don't see
this as feasible because 'thumb drives' tend to max out around 2gb ...
my WDSC install is currently sitting at 5gb.

Although I don't know if this would be a show stopper, I think the WDSC
add's a bunch of windows registry entries that may or may not be required.

> Perhaps the "easier" way would be to have a bootable copy of XP on the thumb
> drive and install WDSCi on it?

Add windows to to the mix and you probably need another gig of thumb
drive space.

Considering the price of flash memory these days, I think you would
probably be better off getting a cheapish laptop with gobs of memory.

david