I don't usually use the verifier, but it seemed to me that when doing a
verify while connected to the iSeries the verify took a considerable
amount of time.

However, once I disconnected from the iSeries, the verify was very
quick.

I assume that with the iSeries connected, the verifier is doing extra
work to make sure everything it needs offline is up to date.

Perhaps of one the IBM'ers can comment.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343