From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Steve Simpson (AVR IT Dept)
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:58 AM
To: 'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'
Subject: [WDSCI-L] iSeries - WebSphere - to be or not to be......

All,

I know that this question is specifically for this group but I think you're
more likely to give me a better answer....

We currently run WebSphere App Server on our iSeries and 30+ branches
connect to it.  The performance despite numerous attempts at tuning is
pretty poor.  If I install a copy of WAS on an intel-based PC, setup the
same portlets and don't tune the PC WAS server the performance is
considerably better.

What I'm getting to is which, in your opinion, is the best platform to run
WAS on.  We still run several web-faced apps as well as pure java-based
portlets.

I look forward to your replies..............

Thanks

Steve

Steve Simpson
Arriva Vehicle Rental

Tel   : 0191 520 4029
Mob : 07917 268 934

For WebSphere support : websphere@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website               : www.arrivarental.co.uk

Legal Disclaimer - Arriva plc
The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged and
protected by law and are intended solely for the use of the person to whom
they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message please notify the
sender immediately, disclosure of its content to any other person is
prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that any views expressed in this e-mail may be those of the
originator and do not necessarily reflect those of this organisation.
Copyright in this e-mail and attachment(s) belongs to Arriva plc.
Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium.
Please note this lack of security when responding by e-mail. Accordingly, we
give no warranties or assurances about the safety and content of this e-mail
and its attachments.
Neither Arriva plc nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and
it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments.
Any liability arising from any third party acting on any information
contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded.