I did this for many years with no problems (used both CODE and WDSc).
Then our IT guys started getting very security conscious, and with
firewalls, etc. effectively blocked me out from attaching from home.
But, when I started using VPN to attach, my problems went away.
Concerning the PC requirements; CODE is very low, and WDSc very high;
but either one should work ok with your specs, especially after adding
more memory.

Doug

date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:20:59 -0500
from: Dan <dan27649@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] Newbie wants to install WDSc and/or Code400 at
        home...

Just joined the list.  I want to learn to use WDSc and/or Code400, but I
have to do it at home.  Currently I have iSeries Access v5r2 installed
and
working on my home PC, connecting to my employer's system.  I have put
in a
request to our system manager for the WDSc CD/DVD pack.

FWIW: We are running OS/400 v5r2.  I have WinXP Home on a system running
an
AMD Sempron 3100+ 64-bit CPU with 512MB ram (although I hope to be
adding a
1GB module soon).

Those of you who followed two recent threads I started in RPG400-L may
remember the discussion that ensued about syntax checking RPG /free
code.
That discussion re-piqued my interest in WDSc.

Can anyone make recommendations, share warnings/gotchas?

TIA,
Dan