From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Violaine Batthish
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:55 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] CL source member saves but editor still thinks
itis changed

Hi Rick,

I am happy to finally be able to say that we have finally reproduced this
problem (yesterday). An APAR number is in the works.
The problem is caused by the CL auto-format option, in conjunction with an
LPEX option.
Basically, the auto-formatting, in some cases, generates a command with
trailing blanks.  LPEX has a default option to strip trailing blanks on
save, so when you save, which then causes the line to be reparses, and
re-formatted, which then puts the * right back (as the member is now
modified).
The good news is that even though the * is there, the member is still
saved.

The workarounds are:
1) Ignore the * and any messages related to unsaved changes
2) Turn auto-formatting off when you see the problem, and then save again
3) From the editor command line enter
set save.trim  off
This will turn trimming on save off, and your save should proceed as
expected.  This preference is only saved as long as the member is open.
Then you should be able to save without the * reappearing.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab

You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing
more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away. - Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/30/2005 12:08:30 PM:

> I tried finding something on this in the archives but the results
> were either for 5.1.2 or didn't provide a solution to the problem.
>
> I am editing a CL member.  After making some changes I will press
> ctrl-s to save (or click on the save toolbar icon) and the asterisk
> in the member tab disappears then comes right back.  If I compile I
> am prompted to save the member.  I click OK and the same thing
> happens.  The asterisk disappears temporarily then comes right back.
> If I close the member I am prompted to save it.  I click on OK and
> it may or may not save and close.  It has saved and closed a couple
> of times but as I write this I am waiting for the second attempt to
> close a member it thinks needs saved.  My previous attempt resulted
> in an error that the member was locked but I couldn't click on the
> OK button and eventually closed WDSc.  Looks like I'm about to do it
> again.  So far I haven't experienced this with RPG members.
>
> Does anyone know of a cause for this behavior or a workaround?
>
> Rick Chevalier
> AmeriCredit
> Enterprise Solutions
> Ext. 57178

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.