Thanks. I had printed this out to review this weekend but did not get around to it.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Claus Weiss <weiss@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] RE: IBM (or other) web site listing whyyoushould useWDSCi
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:30:50 -0500

Hi Rich,
look at AD direction white paper that I mentioned in my earlier append for
this topic on page 36, here is the text:

We encourage all programmers to move to the WDSC Eclipse-based workstation
tools
and actively move their application to run in the Integrated Language
Environment (ILE).
In the next sections of this paper we will describe in more detail the
tools in Development
Studio Client (WDSC) and the steps that help developers leave the
traditional pillar in
the iSeries application development (AD) roadmap and move forward so they
can create
modern applications for the iSeries environment that can compete
successfully in market
during the next couple of years.
As IBM has stated in the past the host-based tools in ADTS and the non-ILE
compilers
on iSeries have been stabilized and they are not being enhanced. All
enhancement will
occur only in the WDSC tools and the ILE iSeries compilers.

The AD directions paper is available on
the web under this URL:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/wds400/library/#WhitePapers

Claus Weiss Visual AD tools, email: weiss@xxxxxxxxxx
Dept 522 IBM Canada Lab tie 969-3987 Phone(905)413-3987 FAX(905)413-4850
Greetings from Toronto
WDSc for iSeries homepage: ibm.com/software/awdtools/iseries
WDSc newsgroup: news://news.software.websphere.studio400     |   VARPG
newsgroup: news://news.software.ibm.com/ibm.software.varpg,

             "Rich Dotson"
             <rich_dotson@hotm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          cc
             idrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [WDSCI-L] RE: IBM (or other)
             10/31/2005 08:06          web site listing why youshould
             AM                        useWDSCi

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

Vernon,

I've been digging on those sites for over a week and have not seen anything

stating that IBM is no longer enhancing the green-screen tools.   Maybe I'm

just not seeing it...