I have not configured WDSCi to handle Japanese but when I configured
'Personal Communications iSeries Access for Windows'  I needed to
configure my PC OS (W2000) as a Japanese configuration.
CCSID 5026 Japanese treats Latin lower-case as Japanese symbols
(katakana?). If your PC is not configued correctly it will not show the
Japanese symbols.  The fact is ALL lower case characters come up in
Japanese except for code page 1399.
To be able to see the lower case characters as Latin symbols I configured
one Client Access session as Code page 1399 Japanese Latin Extended.  If
you manage to get WDSCi configured to handle Japanese I would be grateful
if you could share what you found.

Also our AS400 is configured with
2938  Primary Language English Uppercase DBCS
2962  Secondary Langusge Japanese Kanji DBCS

The system CCSID is 65523
On the AS400 I have created a JP locale (from the IBM supplied source) and
linked the AS400 User Profile to the JP locale, So I have the following
attributes (amoung others)
JPN                     Language ID
JP                      Country or Region
CCSID                   65535
Default CCSID   5026

This is very brief, contact me off-line if you wish.

Frank Kolmann

date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:51:42 -0400
from: ChrisBougher@xxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Garbled Text

The system shows everything in English but this is a Japanese company and
the source was originally done by Japanese so only the source files CCSID
is 5026. The system is 65535.
Thanks

Kushal Munir <kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/27/2005 09:12 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L]

Hi Chris,

CCSID 5026 is a Japanese CCSID. Is your system locale and language setting
set to Japanese?

Cheers,

Kushal Munir
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118        Tie-Line: 969-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

ChrisBougher@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by:

I am using WDSC 6.0 on a system with V5R3. The CCSID of the source files
on this system is 5026. When I open a source member the lower-case letters
appear as little boxes. Is there a setting that needs to be changed to
make this work correctly?

Thanks,
Chris Bougher