Yes, but only the User Key Action (#3) fits there. And it either doesn't work, or I've broken something somewhere else.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*iSeries/i5 Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.893.8633x152
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Chenghui Li wrote:

Pls note that in addition to "preferences->RemoteSystems->iSeries..",
there's another place to change the LPEX settings: "preferences->LPEX Editor->...".

Thanks.

Chenghui Li
VisualAgeRPG For iSeries, IBM, Toronto
Phone (905)413-3215, T/L 969-3215
email: chengli@xxxxxxxxxx

Jerry Adams <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/26/2005 12:14 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

WDSc Midrange <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Preferences - LPEX Editor

There are a few of irritants that I have with the LPEX editor under WDSc 6.0.0. Build 20050609_2105 as opposed to 5.1.2.

First, in fixed format RPG, when I press the /Enter/ key, it does *not* repeat the specification type (F,C, etc.). And I do have the preferences set (RemoteSystems...iSeries...LPEX Editor Parsers...ILE RPG: Repeat previous specification type = checked). Second, when typing a structured opcode (IF, SELECT, etc.), it does not automatically apply the closing ENDxx, which 5.1.2 did. And, again, the preference is set (same page as above: Automatic closure of control block = checked, Style = ENDXX).

Third, when I press the /Enter/ key, while the cursor is not at the end of the line, it breaks the line at the point of the cursor - which is what one would expect in Word or a text editor. However, 5.1.2 simply created a new line regardless of where the cursor was in the line. I even added a preference (LPEX Editor...UserKeyActions: enter = newLine). There is a "workaround" for this one, though: Hold the /Control/ key while pressing /Enter/. I have another action which says: backSpace = left. Works fine.

I use WDSc for editing RPG IV syntax primarily, not web development (yet). I do have both 6.0 and 5.1.2 installed on the same PC, but 5.1.2 works as described above, which is the way I want it to work.

Any suggestions, corrections would be appreciated.

Thanks.