Jon,

Help on my 5.1.2.5 set is kind of flaky, too, but not exactly as you're describing. For me it comes up OK at first, but as soon as I select something in the index pane, it goes all squishy. And, even if it looks good, and I tab to another session on my PC and then back, the index pane is more or less blank with the content pane is mushy (more technical terms for you to digest).

Clicking around in the index pane seems to restore things for awhile, though I can't quite get down the mouse click sequence or panel location. *Though double-clicking on the gray bar above the index pane* does seem to alternately expand the pane to full screen and back to normal (with the content pane) as it should be (readable, not squishy). So I'm not experiencing the same follies that you describe (blank index and 'topic not found'), but it is weird.

I wonder if it could in any way be attributed to the fact that I have both v6 and v5.1.2.5 installed? Is that your situation?

        * Jerry C. Adams
*iSeries/i5 Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.893.8633x152
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jon Paris wrote:

The Help on my system, and that of a number of customers who have contacted
me, is just not working.  The split screen (index left and content on the
right) is just blank and the right side reports "topic not found" or
something no matter what IO press F1 on.

If I try and expand in the index pane, the only part that works is the PDF
manuals links.  Nothing else is working.

It was working (kinda) at fix level .2 but went west sometime after that.

The web pages that used to describe how to fix these problems have
disappeared and IBM's search engine doesn't seem to be able to find them.

Anyone got any suggestions.

P.S. Apologies for cross posting, but there's so little traffic in CODE400
these day I figured I'd need it in WDSCi as well

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com
www.RPGWorld.com