Yes, you have to have that setting enabled.  But the point is that even
if I have the setting enabled, I still cannot run or debug servlets by
name.

Yes, it may be a security issue, but that shouldn't prevent the tool
from working.  I will address any security issues.  It's really quite
simple, in fact: if I don't put any dangerous servlets in my classpath,
then it's not a security issue.  Or, I may be in a development
environment where I want to be able to quickly access new servlets
without having to edit the deployment descriptor.  In any case, it's my
choice.

Not only that, it USED to work.  I USED to be able to run any servlets
the same way I ran JSPs and HTML pages -- a simple right-click and Run
on Server.  Why was that functionality removed?

Joe