Hi Martin,

Are you using iSeries Projects to store your source locally? From RSE, you
can right click on a member or source physical file and add it to an
iSeries Project. You can then edit and verify the member locally, and
submit builds to your DEV LPAR, before exporting it to PROD LPAR (by
changing the associated connection and library).

Cheers,

Kushal Munir
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118        Tie-Line: 969-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Moraga, Martin"
             <Martin.Moraga@bb
             dodetroit.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          cc
             idrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [WDSCI-L] Problems
             09/14/2005 11:26          Importing/Editing iSeries code in
             AM                        RSE

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

Hello,

This is what we need to do: we have two partitions on our system (I.e
Prod and Dev); for simple modification projects we wanted to create a
simple project in RSE, create two connections (One for each LPAR), and
then import code from the source files to the local workspace, edit the
code there, save it, export it to the DEV LPAR, test it there, and once
is OK, export the fine tuned code from the local workspace to the PROD
LPAR.

However, 1) Since we have hundreds of libraries and source physical
files within them the first time it takes forever to browse the
connection to either Remote server (Later it gets much better but only
up to the point when I get the SRC-PF where it takes forever again to
show me the members. 2) It does not recognize the type of the sources
(I.e. CL, CLLE, RPG38, RPGLE, etc.) when browsing them so I can import
only ".MBR" resources, which brings problem 3. 3) When trying to open an
RPGLE member, since the import has returned the source as "xxx.mbr" it
takes forever to open it and then it shows a corrupted horizontal screen
with thousands of columns and corrupted code. 4) When I rename the
member (To have extension RPGLE) it does the same thing. It does not
crash but it does work.

I do not know if I am missing something, but it does not work as it is
supposed to. I have even seen a tutorial called "End to End Development
using RSE" from the "Welcome" view and have followed the instructions
which are the same to what I have done. I believe that tutorial has been
made by Linux people and has not been tried with the iSeries.

If somebody can help me I would really appreciate it.

This message and any attachments contain information, which may be
confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information.  Please be aware that such actions are prohibited.  If you
have received this transmission in error, kindly notify us by calling
1-800-262-4723 or e-mail to helpdesk@xxxxxxxxx We appreciate your
cooperation.--