I'm not sure what the problem would be.  It's possible there's somethign
wrong with the temp file cache (RSE stores remote files that are edited in
a special project called RemoteSystemTempFileProject).   To clear the file
cache, you can go to the preference page, Remote Systems->File Cache, and
press the Clear button.  After that, try to edit the file.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/619/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Brad Stone" <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/07/2005 11:45 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] RSE Bug (renaming, editing, etc...  )

Let me try and see if I can explain what happened.  Using
WDSC 5.1

I had an IFS file open in RSE.  I tried to rename the file,
it errored out because the file was open.

I closed the file then tried to rename it.  Now it errored
out and wouldn't let me do it again (different error).

I delete the file.  That went fine.

Then I tried to use RSE to copy and paste the file from my
PC back to the IFS.  That worked.  Now, when I try to edit
the IFS file or open it it tells me that it doesn't exist.

It's there.  I've verified.

I tried restarting WDSC... no dice.  Tried rebooting.  No
dice.

Now I have this one rogue file out there I can't open/edit.

I _can_ rename it, and opened the renamed file.  But if I
rename it back, it goes back to telling me it "doesn't
exist".

Bradley V. Stone
BVS.Tools
www.bvstools.com