Adrian,

Thanks.  I did have my capitalization wrong for the "backSpace".

However, the "enter" definition is right (newLine). Reading the Help text I'm not sure that is what I want or not. If, as an example, this email was my code and my cursor is positioned before the word "Help" on the line above, in 5.1.2, when I pressed the Enter key a line got inserted below where my cursor was at, nothing happened to the current line, and the cursor was positioned to the next normal line for keying. This was the default in 5.1.2 because I never set a definition for that key and that's the way 5.1.2 works. The "newLine" action is acting just like a "splitLine", which most definitely is *not* what I want.

Another "anomaly" that cropped up:

In 5.1.2 when I'm in /free, if I typed a "DOW" and pressed Enter, the associated "ENDDO" was automatically entered. Annoying in a few instances (like when I'm putting a wrapper around existing code), but overall a good thing (in my opinion). However, 6.0 doesn't insert the "ENDDO" nor does it automatically indent two spaces into the new line. I tried searching for a Preferences setting but, if it's there, I missed it.

Thanks.
        * Jerry C. Adams
*iSeries/i5 Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.893.8633x152
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

adrian wrote:

Ensure you use correct case for both key names and action names:

  Key:       Action:
  backSpace  left
  enter      newLine

Jerry Adams wrote:

I am trying to set a couple of user keys, but they don't seem to be taking.

Window -> Preferences -> LPex editor -> User Key Actions

There I defined:
   Backspace = Left
   Enter = newline

This is exactly the way that I have them defined in 5.1.2 and they work fine. I.e., pressing the "Backspace" doesn't erase characters; it acts just like the left arrow. "Enter" doesn't split the line; it leaves the current line alone (no matter where the cursor is) and creates a new, blank line underneath it.

I even shutdown 6.0 and restarted. The definitions are still there, but they are not working as expected.