Xuan,
Thanks for the reply .   I have been able to use the service entry point
for debugging, and with your advice to add the *SERVICE authority to my
profile, I can now debug other user profiles when needed.
For anyone not using the Service Entry Point for debugging, you are
missing out on a great feature!

Diane M Mueller
infosys5@xxxxxxx

Xuan Chen <xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/01/2005 04:27 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Debugging programs in WDSc - Reply to Diane

Hi Diane,

Confirmed with the expert that there is no way of setting Service Entry
Point with *ALL (or *ANY) right now.  Not sure if we want to add this into
our Service Entry Point support since there may be some implication of it.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             Xuan
             Chen/Toronto/IBM

             05/24/2005 01:19          Websphere Development Studio Client

             PM                        for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject

                                       Re: [WDSCI-L] Debugging programs in

                                       WDSc(Document link: Xuan Chen)

Diane,

For question #1, you need the following authority if you want to set a
service entry point (and invoke a debug session when it is hit) on a user
profile other than yours:

. Your user profile must have sufficient authority to service a job
running
user the specified user id.
. Your user profile should have *SERVICE special authority, and one of
following:
    *ALLOBJ authority
   or  *USE authority to the user profile of the specified user id.

For question #2, my impression is that there is no known way of doing it.
But I need to confirm with expert and get back to you.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             infosys5@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          To

             idrange.com               Websphere Development Studio Client

                                       for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/23/2005 10:22

                                       Re: [WDSCI-L] Debugging programs in

                                       WDSc
             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

I have found the article that Kyle has pointed out for debugging in WDSC,
(Thank You Kyle,  my habits had me using method 3, I've now bumped up to
method 1 with service entry points, never to return to #3).
My questions are:
1) With method 1, you specify the UserID, I am trying to specify a userid
other than myself (profile USER2)  and receive the error:
CPF0609 - not allowed to use specified user profile.
So when user2 calls my program, I expect it to run in WDSC.

2) I would like to set the service entry point with *ALL as user profile,
so regardless of which operator "unknowingly" calls the program, I can
intercept it in debug mode.   Is there anyway to set the service entry
point without defining a particular user profile?

Diane  Mueller
infosys5@xxxxxxx